These talks and other activities give a good impression of the experience and competence of our experts:
- How do we create ‘sylvan cities’? Cecil’s keynote on ‘sylvan cities’ at the IUFRO World Congress 2014 in Salt Lake City, USA.
- Urban forests: a European perspective. Johan’s invited talk at University College Dublin, 2015.
- Urban forestry for developing liveable and resilient cities. Cecil’s talk on urban forestry in the Hanover Lectures Series, Michigan State University, 2017.
- Perspectives on greener cities and better green space governance. Cecil’s moderation of a panel discussion at the final GREEN SURGE conference in Malmö, Sweden, 2017
- A critical perspective on urban tree canopy targets. Cecil’s talk on urban tree canopy targets at the Amenity Conference of the UK Arboriculture Association, 2019
- How do we successfully green cities? Cecil’s talk on how to successfully green cities, at the Trees for Liveable Cities conference, Sydney, Australia, 2020
- Urban forests a nature-based solutions. Cecil is featured in an episode of the CNBC Sustainable Energy series, on urban forests as nature-based solutions, 2020
Our past and present customers and partners include, among other, City of Birmingham and Birmingham Tree People (UK), ERSAF and ETIFOR (Italy, for EU Erasmus+ project UFOREST), the European Forest Institute (Finland), Karachi community urban forest alliance (Pakistan), Stockholm Forest Cemetery administration (Sweden), the National Board of Housing, Building and Planning (Sweden), Schipper Bosch (Netherlands), TFI Vitaler Groen (Netherlands), BUUR part of Sweco (Belgium), the Department of Environment of the Flemish government, Department of Architecture, Catholic University of Leuven (Belgium), and the Trella Group (USA). We have a partnership with Treeconomics (UK).
Our current projects focus, among other, on: development of urban forest strategies; assessing and integrating the health benefits of urban green and blue space; enhancing entrepreneurship in urban forestry; reviewing the benefits of urban trees; urban forest inventories; and conference organisation and facilitation.